This page provides information on grants offered by the University for the publication of our thesis.
Through the Graduate Centre, the University of Passau promotes the publication of excellent qualification theses by granting a publication grant in accordance with the Guidelines on the Provision of Grants to Promote the Publication of Dissertation and Habilitation Theses. In this way, the University of Passau is fulfilling the wish of young researchers to recognise the different publication cultures for dissertations and postdoctoral theses in the various subjects.
The University of Passau's publication grant is aimed at doctoral and post-doctoral researchers who, while writing their dissertation or post-doctoral thesis, are predominantly members of the University of Passau. It is either a dissertation that has been assessed with the highest grade at the University of Passau or a habilitation thesis that has been accepted at the University of Passau. The grant amounts to a maximum of 1,500€.
You are eligible for a publication grant from the University if:
- you were employed/enrolled at the University of Passau for most of the time while you were writing your thesis
- your thesis is a postdoctoral habilitation thesis ('Habilitationsschrift') or a doctoral thesis ('Dissertation') and has received the best possible grade ('summa cum laude')
- You can submit you application (application form [German]) until three months after the publisher's invoice date
- Nevertheless, you will only receive the grant after your thesis has been printed and once you submit the remaining supporting documents (usually the publisher's invoice and documents showing that you meet the above eligibility criteria)
- The published thesis has to include the following statement: 'Veröffentlicht mit finanzieller Unterstützung der Universität Passau' or, if written in English, 'Published with financial support from the University of Passau'.
The grant covers publication expenses not financed through another grant up to a limit of 1,500 euros. The University grant is to be subordinated to any grants recevied from other donors.
The Research Services Division and the Graduate Centre have compiled a list of further publication grants [German content].