The programme is aimed at students of the University of Passau with at least good academic performance who are interested in a doctorate and are either entering their final semester of study in the winter semester 2021/2022 or who have graduated no more than one semester ago at the time of application.
Further participation requirements are:
- comprehensibility of personal motivation for the doctorate and its contribution to further career planning.
- willingness to participate in the overall programme (including evaluation) and to actively participate in the peer tandems.
- desire to network with (future) colleagues across disciplines and faculties.
Admission to the programme takes place in a two-stage procedure, consisting of
- a written application and
- participation in a 'speed dating' process with potential mentors.
The written application is submitted via an online form (German). The following documents are required:
- curriculum vitae
- overview of previous academic achievements (HISQIS excerpt or degree certificate, if available)
- letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages) taking into account the following questions: What motivates you to participate in our programme? What do you expect from the programme? What are your career goals and how will a doctorate contribute to them?
Future mentees and potential mentors find each other in a 'speed dating' setting. The matching takes place on the basis of
- a comparison of the respective expectations and wishes by the programme coordination and
- a preliminary meeting between the participants and the potential mentors ('speed dating').
You will receive further information on this after the application.