You are eligible for a publication grant from the University, if:
- you have been or were employed/enrolled at the University of Passau for most of the time while you were writing your thesis
- your thesis is either a postdoctoral 'habilitation' thesis ('Habilitationsschrift') or a doctoral thesis ('Dissertation') which has received the best possible mark/grade ('summa cum laude')
The grant covers publication expenses not financed through another grant up to a limit of 1,500 euros. The University grant is to be subordinated to possible grants from other donors.
How to apply
- You can submit you application (application form [German]) until three months after the publisher's invoice date
- Nevertheless, you will only receive the grant after your thesis has been printed and once you submit the remaining supporting documents (usually the publisher's invoice and documents showing that you meet the above eligibility criteria)
- The published thesis has to include the following statement: 'Veröffentlicht mit finanzieller Unterstützung der Universität Passau' or, if written in English, 'Published with financial support from the University of Passau'.
Please submit all documents by post or fax and printed on one side, not stapled and with your original signature to the Graduate Centre.
Good academic conduct
Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice
(DFG recommendations), last amended in 2013